Teenagers charged with violent house raid series
West Midlands Police has charged two teenagers with a series of violent home raids in which homeowners were threatened with machetes and hammers.
Officers arrested 18-year-old Dylan Harrison and a 16-year-old male when they swooped on an address in the Stratford-upon-Avon area on Monday morning (11 February).
And last night the pair were jointly charged with three robberies, four burglaries and two attempted robberies – all of which saw victims targeted for high-value cars – plus one count of car theft.
It’s alleged the teens:
• Stole a VW Golf from Beechwood Park Road, Solihull, on 3 February after smashing their way inside and threatening the victim with a meat cleaver;
• Carjacked a man for his Golf GTi on the driveway of his home in Allesley Road, Olton, on 7 February;
• Stole a VW Golf and BMW X1 from Tudor Close, Kings Heath, on 10 February after threatening occupants with a machete;
• Committed a burglary on 4 February in Sarehole Road, Hall Green, in which a VW Golf was taken;
• Carried out two burglaries on 9 February in Avon Road, Shirley – when an Audi SQ5 was stolen – and Linton Road, Solihull, but made off empty-handed;
• Stole three bikes with a combined value of £15,000 from a wood cabin in New Street, Tiddington between 26 and 28 January;
• Smashed windows at homes in Arundel Road, Highters Heath, and Saltwells Road in Netherton on 3 and 10 February respectively but fled empty handed;
• …and stole a Ford Fiesta on 9 February from Ebmore Drive in Druids Heath.
Harrison, of no fixed address, is separately charged with three burglaries, two on 12 November in Aldgate Grove, Hockley – when a Vauxhall Astra was stolen – and Warwick Road in Olton, and another on 7 December in Kineton Lane, Hockley Heath, when an Audi S1 was driven away.
Both are due in Birmingham Magistrates Court today (13 February).
Read more: https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/teens-charged-violent-house-raid-series